Clicky

chatbox
a rwby role play

about us
Legends. Stories, scattered through time. Mankind has grown quite fond of recounting the many exploits of heroes and villains, forgetting so easily that we are remnants - byproducts - of a forgotten past.

Join the ranks of Remnant’s prestigious Academies as you fight to protect the Four Kingdoms from the clutches of the evil Creatures of Grimm. Alternatively, you may work towards bringing the world to its knees by fighting against the last sparks of humanity. Red Like Roses is based on the hit web-series RWBY by Monty Oum and Rooster Teeth Productions.

What will happen this year?

updates
feb 16 we are excited to announce the unveiling of the new skin, CASPIAN! :D
 
Add Reply
New Topic
New Poll

 Red Snow, Deadly Night [ Private ], @Aurick
Zuri Lavern
 Posted: Mar 15 2016, 03:55 AM
Quote
is Offline
Academy Student
age
9 posts
played by


"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable."
It's cold outside. Colder than it has been in months. Snow is starting to fall over the city of Vale, painting the town white in its wake. The Faunus Revolution has been happening for years, but their voices have gone unheard. The humans must not understand -- No, the humans refuse to see how frustrating it is to be deemed unworthy over something as small as race. They believe themselves to be superior -- believe that it is their birthright to stand above the Faunus.

They've been planning this protest for months.
Their signs painted red in anger.
Their voices loud in desperation.

She's too young to understand what is happening. Her ninth birthday still months away. She stands with her mother and brother, her gloved hands holding the wooden post of her sign. "What do we want?" She hears a man yell. "Equality!" The crowd roars back. She cringes at the anger in their voices. Protests like this have been happening for years, but nothing seems to happen. The humans promise things over and over, but change is a slow process.

If the humans held Faunus lives with the same regard as their own; her father might still be alive. If they cared, she might have had a chance to get to know him. He wouldn't have died for their cause.

"Peace!" Her voice rings clear in the crowd. She holds her sign tighter, thrusting it forward so that people might see the words written on it. She can see the disgust on their faces as they pass -- only prompting her to yell louder. Her mother is against things like this, but Zuri had begged her every day to let her go. She wants to be a part of this revolution. She wants to make the world a better place.

Hearing a screech come from behind, the girl's eyes widen in fear as she quickly turns around. A loud crash is heard as the wing of a giant Nevermore clips the side of a building. Screams are heard as a second appears right behind the first, swooping down and picking up a civilian in its beak. Red blood spatters against white snow, the entire protest thrown into chaos. Her sign drops to the ground, her entire body frozen in fear.
@Aurick || December 2006


This post has been edited by Zuri Lavern: Mar 17 2016, 04:55 AM
PM
^
Aurick Lavern
 Posted: Mar 16 2016, 06:05 PM
Quote
is Offline
Academy Student
age
42 posts
played by


"The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe.
You have to make it fall."

He is not a Faunus.

He understands that, but at the same time he doesn't.

Yet as he stands united with the assembly of Faunus, waving his own sign of protest beside his sister, the boy feels nothing but a sense of righteousness and belonging; this was the right thing for him to do.

Aurick chants with the crowd, his tiny voice adding to the collective roars of the adults around him. It felt empowering, like he was actually making a difference being out here. He had seen and heard many stories about these kind of events on the news, but it was a completely different experience being at the helm of it. It was easy to see why Zuri had always wanted to partake in these rallies.

But things soon took a turn for the worst. Seemingly out of nowhere, the creatures of Grimm began to swarm the streets, indiscriminately attacking—killing—everyone in their sights. What began as a fight for equality quickly turned into a fight for survival; the crowd dispersed in chaos at the cue of chilling and panicked screaming. Some people even began shoving and trampling over one another as they ran.

"Zuri!" the boy cries out as he pulls her close, holding the girl in a tight embrace. The blond was equally as terrified as his younger sister, but what was stronger than the suffocation of fear was an unexplainable sense of desperation that rose within him: he couldn't let anything happen to the ones he cared about. Not again.

Not again...?

The next hour went on by in a blur. Their mother protected them from the pandemonium of the crowd as she lead them off the main streets. They meet up with one of their uncles—an old friend of the family—who also took part in the rally. He assumes responsibility for taking the children home: their mother expresses the desire to stay and fight. Her children want her to leave with them; alas, she had a duty to fill. But there was no need for worry. She is a strong Huntress.

The two siblings run hand-in-hand with a grip so tight they may as well have been frozen together. They make it halfway home before they encounter a pack of Beowolves. Unfortunately their uncle was not a fighter, but he was a brave man: he plays his part as a decoy and leads the Beowolves far, far away. It allows the two siblings to continue moving forward; albeit, they do so while suffering from a mixed discord of emotions.

And as instructed, they don't spare a second to look back.



This post has been edited by Aurick Lavern: Mar 16 2016, 10:37 PM
PM
^
Zuri Lavern
 Posted: Mar 17 2016, 04:52 AM
Quote
is Offline
Academy Student
age
9 posts
played by


"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable."
She can't move. She can't think. She can barely breathe. How could this be happening? How could their protest turn into a massacre that quickly? How did the Grimm make it into the city? She feels the crowd of Faunus push around her. Her hands sting as another Faunus pushes the wooden sign from her grasp. "Zuri!" She hears her name being called, her brother's arms quickly wrapping around her. He pulls her to the side of a building, her breaths slowly coming in more easily.

Minutes pass. They feel like hours.

Before she can put together what is happening, her brother is pulling her through the streets. "Mom!" She looks back just in time to watch her mother taking on a large Griffon. Edom has told them stories about these creatures -- has explained what they are and what their mother does when she's away. He paints their mother as a hero, but how can she choose her job over them? Looking forward, she runs as quickly as she can, following their Uncle in hopes of getting out of this city. The first few blocks seem to be the worst, but she couldn't be more wrong. As they are about to turn a corner, the adult's hand stops them. Beowolves. A lot of them. He promised them safety, he promised to give them their best chance -- their best chance meaning that he has to leave them. The two of them hide in an alley as he leads the pack away.

It's what nightmares are made of -- the city is being destroyed, people are dying. "I'm scared... Aurick." Her voice trembles as she tries to form words. "We don't know where to go. We aren't anywhere close to home. How are we supposed to make it all the way?" Her words are quick as she tries to hold back her tears. She has never seen a Grimm before, only heard the stories. She has never seen a life taken right before her eyes. Leaning against the wall her hands reach towards her eyes as she wipes the liquid away. Opening her eyes, a hand reaches for his; clenching it tightly. She can hear footsteps, they sound human -- but she can't be sure.

An icy chill of terror creeps down her spine. Her hand holding his tighter as the seconds pass. What if it's a Grimm? What if it sees them? What if it attacks?

"Children! What are you doing here alone?" It's an older Faunus. Seemingly frail. She faintly recognizes him as the owner of a shop somewhere in town. A trinket store or some sort? "Follow me. My store isn't far from here. Hurry!" Looking at her brother, her head faintly nods. What other choice do they really have?
@Aurick || December 2006
PM
^
Aurick Lavern
 Posted: Mar 18 2016, 08:07 PM
Quote
is Offline
Academy Student
age
42 posts
played by


"The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe.
You have to make it fall."

He didn't like seeing Zuri cry. It upset him; it made him feel powerless. But in the moment of rest inside the shadows of the alley, Aurick knew that he would well and truly be hopeless if he ever stood face-to-face with a creature of Grimm. However, that fact would hardly convince him to give up.

He reaches for a small, study pipe that protruded from the inside of a dumpster, its cold steel burning a chill as he tightly clutches it with bare skin. He shivers, but quickly shakes it off when he feels Zuri reach for his other hand. "It's okay, I won't let anything happen to you," the boy said, turning to her with a smile. They were genuine words of promise but optimism never always was able to mask over the reality of a situation. He hoped that she was too distraught to notice the cold sweat he was in as to make his words seem more believable.

Aurick braces himself as he hears the footprints, ready to attack at whatever threat was approaching from the corner. His heart thumped against his chest; the tension was enough that he even felt as though he could pass out on top of the heightened levels of stress and exhaustion. If Zuri wasn't there, he might just have let himself.

And never before was Aurick so happy to see another person. The young boy catches himself mid-swing as his mind barely manages to register the elderly Faunus as a friendly. "W-We were... " Aurick starts, only to lose his words from the tiredness that settled on his shoulders as he relaxed himself some. The boy instead looks to his sister and reciprocates her nod to show his agreement to follow the Faunus. It was definitely their only choice.

The store looked rather modestly-sized from the outside. It was also located quite a ways away from the main avenue of shops the city, so perhaps it was of no surprise that it was a small business. "Will we be safe here, mister?" said Aurick, as the man rummaged through his pockets for his keys.
"Indeed, we can hide upstairs until it's safe to come outside again. You don't have to worry about anything, okay?"
He sounded reassuring, soft-spoken even, and the small smile he gave made his words seem even more convincing.

But the thunderous roar of something inhuman—something nearby—cut through any brief feelings of safety. Just further down the street, an Ursa Major, and it had locked it's sights on the trio before it.

The creature began to charge towards them on all-fours, crossing the distance far too quickly. Aurick chokes back a scream and simply watched the Ursa approach, the undeniable feeling of despair washing over him. He didn't even feel the near-violent pull of his shirt until moments after it had happened, whereby he was met with a strange warmth of a wooden floor. "Eh...?"

The man had unlocked the door to his shop and had thrown the two siblings inside before shutting it behind him. He must have been worried about how the Ursa could break in.

"Mister!" Aurick shouted as he got to his feet. The boy tries the door, but he finds it to be locked, leaving him to only watch as the Ursa was but mere seconds away from the Faunus. "Get back!" the man shouts to Aurick as he looks over his shoulder, his voice dulled by the glass between them. He reaches both hands into his jacket and pulls out a large Dust crystal in each, both of which began to violently shake as a vicious radiation of light seeped between his fingers.

"Don't do it!!"
"Aurick, no!!"

He feels Zuri pull him away from the door, and not a moment too soon: the storefront blows up in a flash of light, causing a part of the building's foundation to topple upon the entrance. Aurick feels himself being thrown backwards from the explosive force before something cracks against the side of his skull.

And then, he felt nothing.



This post has been edited by Aurick Lavern: Mar 18 2016, 09:09 PM
PM
^
Zuri Lavern
 Posted: Mar 27 2016, 05:24 AM
Quote
is Offline
Academy Student
age
9 posts
played by


"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable."
The world is blowing up around her. Objects are flying. The force of the blast pushing her backwards. She feels her brother pull her into his arms, shielding her from most of the explosion. It isn't enough. Her body tumbles in a different direction on the smooth surface of the wooden floor, her back making contact with the corner of a display case. Lifting her arms, she tries to shield her face from the debris flying around her. Curling in on herself, she tries to focus on her breathing for a moment -- her back hurts, but she's sure she'll survive.

Hearing a roar from outside, she opens her eyes and looks at the wreckage in front of her. The man, the faunus, died blowing up the doorway.

It's hard to move, but with a few labored breaths and a yelp of pain, she manages to make it to her feet. "Aurick?" She calls out his name. It's dark inside the building, but it isn't a problem. An arm goes to her right side as she braces herself. She needs to find him. What if he's hurt? What if he's -- dead? "Aurick!" A note of desperation can be heard in her voice -- desperation mixed with fear. The store is small, a blessing, but the rubble from the entrance distorts the area.

Grasping a nearby wall for support, she holds it tightly as she takes a few breaths. Her head hurts -- she's dizzy. She wants to sleep, but she has to find him first. The search continues on for another few minutes, but every second that passes without knowing he's safe feels like an eternity. Looking around another counter, she spots him laying at the base of a large statue. Rushing over to him, she falls to her knees beside him. He's bleeding. Badly. "No. Please, no!" Her entire body is trembling as she slips off her jacket. Using a claw to tear the arm of the jacket, she presses the soft material to the side of his head -- covering him with the rest.

She once convinced herself she could handle anything.
Anything -- but this.

"It's okay. I'm here. I have you." She whispers through tears as she holds the cloth to his head. She doesn't know what to do. All she wants is for him to be safe. All she wants is for him to survive. She dragged him to the protest. She begged and begged until their mother agreed to take them. If it wasn't for her -- he wouldn't be in danger now. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Her vision is blurry from the tears. A sob echoes through the empty shop, her arms holding him closer as she closes her eyes.

She doesn't notice the red glow emanating from her body.
She doesn't notice the white one starting to radiate from his.
@Aurick || December 2006
PM
^
Aurick Lavern
 Posted: Apr 2 2016, 02:33 PM
Quote
is Offline
Academy Student
age
42 posts
played by


"The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe.
You have to make it fall."


Dreams of a life he never lived. //
Echoes of memories long forgotten. //


He stands behind a door, watching the old man stand before an Ursa.
He hides behind a tree, watching the woman stand before a Creature of Grimm.

The old man arms himself with Dust crystals.
The woman arms herself with a knife.

The old man throws himself at the Ursa.
The woman throws herself at the Grimm.

"Don't do it!!"
"Don't do it!!"

The world blooms white.
The river runs red.

. . .
. . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .

"--rry. I'm so sorry." The words rang in his mind in tandem to the faint throbbing of a headache, both of which served to confirm that he was indeed still alive despite the cold limbo the boy found himself in: it was too dark for him to see anything, and what was worse was that he couldn't even move a single muscle.

Sleep paralysis: a phenomenon in which a person either during falling asleep or awakening, temporarily experiences an inability to move, speak, or react. All the boy could do for the moment was listen to the quiet sobbing of his sister as her teardrops fell against his face.

No... I'm the one who should be sorry. How can I make you worry like this?

Too absorbed in his disorientation, even the boy didn't immediately notice the radiance of their auras until he realized his eyes were hurting from the sudden intensity of light. At that same moment, he experienced a soothing warmth rush through his body that was quickly accompanied by a revitalizing sensation that he had never felt before.
"Zuri." He immediately spoke without thinking as he slowly lifted his hand to brush at the trails of tears that stained her cheeks. "Don't worry... I'm not leaving you," he states with a toothy smile, albeit he was still plenty worse for wear.

Aurick then shakily drops his hand to his face as he examined his palm — more specifically at the whitish-gold glow that emanated from it. "Is this... my aura?" he says quietly to himself before looking back up at Zuri. "How did you do that?"

PM
^
Zuri Lavern
 Posted: Jun 12 2016, 06:34 AM
Quote
is Offline
Academy Student
age
9 posts
played by


"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable."
She can hear a roar in the distance. The explosion that was meant to kill the Ursa -- had failed. It was still outside their door. There was no possible way for her to carry him somewhere safe. She couldn't risk moving his body. She couldn't risk causing him any more pain -- no more. She's already caused him too much already.

Could she scream for help? Should she?
Would it even matter?

The cloth in her hand is soaked with blood, her body, her mind, crippled with fear. It's only at the sound of his voice that she opens her eyes. His hand reaches for her cheek as another sob makes it way out of her body. "You're a-a-alive." She chokes out as a hand lifts to wipe her eyes again. "I was so w-wo-worried." Her body is shaking, her mind a mess. Aurick would do whatever he could to protect her and he almost died because of it.

She doesn't notice the glow until he mentions it. "I don't." She pauses as she looks at the glow of their combined auras. "I don't know." They've touched on the subject at school. A projection of their souls. Most people were incapable of accessing it; the ones that were able to do so destined for greatness. She's confused. She doesn't know what could've caused such a miracle to happen, but she doesn't want to question it. Whatever it was, however it happened, it saved his life.

Hearing another roar and a pawing at the door, her eyes stare at the door. The rubble is large... There is no foreseeable way for the Ursa to get through by itself.
@Aurick || December 2006

PM
^
Aurick Lavern
 Posted: Jul 17 2016, 05:40 PM
Quote
is Offline
Academy Student
age
42 posts
played by


"The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe.
You have to make it fall."


Were it not for the monster that lingered so close by, separated only by piles of broken stone, Aurick very well may have lost himself to the exhaustion that began to settle into his very bones. The adrenaline was fading.

He places a hand over his sister's as she continued to hold the cloth against his head, and he smiles. "Thanks," he says, hoping to give her some reassurance. "I don't know what would've happened if you weren't here, but... I'm glad you are." Slowly, the boy sat himself up and removed the blood-soaked cloth from his head and inspected it momentarily. When he realized what it was, he grabbed the main piece that now draped across his lap.

"Ah, your jacket!" he exclaims, in that kind of manner you would after watching someone spill coffee over themselves. "You liked this jacket didn't you? Wasn't it expensive too? Aww, mom's gonna be mad~" he says jokingly with a grin. As much as he was trying to make Zuri feel better in the current situation, the talking was helping him to stay awake. He had stopped bleeding, but the headache was definitely here to stay a little while longer, and it was pounding something fierce.

But there was no room for complaining. They were still in danger and had to find somewhere safe to hide until the Hunters cleared out the Grimm. "We'll buy you a new one tomorrow, yeah? But for now, let's find some place to hide. Just like we do at school." Holding onto Zuri's arm for support, he stumbles onto his feet and begins to look around the dimly lit room. The only source of light came from the tiny gaps in between the pieces of rubble, but the lingering fog of dust in the air did well to blur out the details of what little he could see.

"Let's see if we can find a lantern first. I can barely see anything in here."



This post has been edited by Aurick Lavern: Jul 17 2016, 05:41 PM
PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Topic
New Poll


 


 


Affiliates
Resources & Directories
Sister Sites
This Will Be The Day - a RWBY roleplay
Static


REQUIEM
Fairy Tail Guild
Scrolling
skinned by spenny of shine
affiliate table by shimmer of shine
custom forum structure by Black