Clicky

chatbox
a rwby role play

about us
Legends. Stories, scattered through time. Mankind has grown quite fond of recounting the many exploits of heroes and villains, forgetting so easily that we are remnants - byproducts - of a forgotten past.

Join the ranks of Remnant’s prestigious Academies as you fight to protect the Four Kingdoms from the clutches of the evil Creatures of Grimm. Alternatively, you may work towards bringing the world to its knees by fighting against the last sparks of humanity. Red Like Roses is based on the hit web-series RWBY by Monty Oum and Rooster Teeth Productions.

What will happen this year?

updates
feb 16 we are excited to announce the unveiling of the new skin, CASPIAN! :D
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Good booze, good company, Alphonze, Helena, Myst
Alphonse Cadmar
 Posted: May 18 2016, 12:06 PM
is Offline
played by

It had been a long and, as usual, exhausting day of work at Haven Academy today. The assistant headmaster, Alphonse Cadmar had invited Helena Alexandria to join him at his favorite bar. He knew the woman was as good a drinker as he was, and he was of the mind that drinking alone was bad for your health so he enjoyed drinking with anyone who would sit with him, be they a stranger or a comrade.

The man sat at his usual table, which was hard to see from the door but had a perfect view of the door, as well as being close enough to the bar to get drinks quickly. Being the strongest man in Mistral had its perks. Everyone knew him, at least the locals did, and they knew not to piss him off. That meant, with a lack of tourists this month, tonight would hopefully be peaceful and fun. He watched the door, waiting patiently for Helena as he ate his dinner. After all, drinking on an empty stomach was a bad idea.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Helena Alexandria
 Posted: May 18 2016, 01:24 PM
played by

"Alphonse!" Helena called out from the door, where she stood with a slight stoop and the apparent air of someone who, having passed beneath a very low frame, was not yet certain if it was safe to straighten back up. She took the risk and, like a great oak rising out of the ground, resumed her usual imposing height. While Alphonse was by no means a small man, he was in fact the tallest man that Helena knew, he was still a few inches shy of looking her in the eyes. Add in her hair which, if it had to be described in one word, was nothing if not gigantic, and it was no surprise that Helena, despite no real experience as a teacher, had a reputation for being very difficult to ignore. It had no doubt been her, some might say, freakish height that had allowed her to spot the assistant headmaster from the door, despite his strategic location. Crossing the intervening distance with all the care of someone who was quite familiar with ceilings which had not been built to accommodate her, Helena was looming over Al within seconds.
"Started without me, yeah?" She offered as a perfunctory greeting, before she dropped heavily into the seat across from the eating man. The two had a lot in common, physically speaking. Each was physically imposing and each had hair that required some distance to truly appreciate, though where Al's choice in clothes tended to be a bit more conservative outside of work, Helena's fashion sense was much less restrained. Her choice of attire that evening, for example, seemed to have been selected specifically because it showed off as much skin as could be considered remotely decent. Her hair blossomed out and around her, and was remarkable for covering more of her shoulders and back than the powder blue tank top she wore. Though the top in question looked like it had started life as a typical piece of work out apparel, it had since been cut to just over half its original length, and only barely covered Helena past her ribs, leaving her washboard stomach wholly exposed. Her 'shorts', which looked to have been a pair of cargo pants before they were modified in a similar fashion, actually left more skin uncovered than they concealed.

"It's hot today, ya know?" She remarked conversationally, as she tugged her unruly mane of dirty blonde hair over one shoulder, before shooting her hand up to beckon at the bar.
"Oye! Bring us a jug of something amber and heady, yeah?"
Then, without waiting to make sure her order was carried out, she turned her attention back to Alphonse with a vaguely quizzical note to her expression.
"Is it just us, then?" She sounded a bit surprised, like she had been expecting something quite different. As had been previously evidenced by her decision to order a jug of whatever the bar decided to give them, she wasn't exactly discerning about what she drank, but she had hoped things would be a bit more social. Obviously she and Alphonse had much different ideas about how one should enjoy drink, as where he was hoping for a bit of peace, Helena had plainly been hoping for some kind of party.

This post has been edited by Aegle Vitus: May 18 2016, 01:24 PM
PM
^
Myst Aurum
 Posted: May 20 2016, 12:51 AM
is Offline
Academy Student
played by

Ah the bar, a place where she could relax, have a few good drinks, and recover from a challenging day at Haven away from the teachers. Or at least, that's what Myst thought, until Professor Cadmar walked in the front door. Myst had been at the bar for about half an hour before that point, her blue overcoat looking far too formal for the locale. Professor Cadmar's arrival alone wasn't that surprising, and Myst paid him no mind as he walked to a secluded table in the back. All she did was reach for her drink, a tiny amount of ice dust flowing quickly from the pipes on her golden body harness and chilling the glass as she took a sip. A sigh followed Myst's drink, after all a freshly iced glass was the perfect thing for a hot day like this. Myst would've been fine with just one professor, let alone one who was as well known a drunk as Professor Cadmar, but the second one entering caught her off guard.

When Professor Alexandria entered the bar, Myst almost dropped her drink. She didn't, of course, that would be a waste of good alcohol, but she almost did. When the giantess of a teacher strode over to Professor Cadmar's table, Myst rolled her eyes and simply continued drinking, chilling the glass and its contents whenever it got to warm. Of course she's here to drink with him, Myst had heard stories that he never drank alone. When Professor Alexandria called out her order, Myst gestured to the bartender and muttered something to him. "Go ahead and put their drinks on my tab, least I can do for two of my professors."Myst smiled sweetly at the bartender, who nodded and began preparing their drinks. Myst's grin widened, after all she wasn't one to pass on an opportunity to get into her teacher's good books, and she knew the quickest way to someone's heart was through their booze. At least, that was the quickest way to her heart, so Myst figured everyone was like that.
PM
^
Alphonse Cadmar
 Posted: May 21 2016, 12:08 AM
is Offline
played by

Alphonse couldn't help but smile at the sight of the tall woman. It was a sight that rarely graced the eyes of Mistral's citizens when he wasn't fighting. And she was one of the few people in the world capable of bringing a smile to his face for some reason that even he was not aware of. Maybe it was the hair. Maybe it was the way she dressed. Or maybe it was just the fact she was the only woman he'd ever met who dwarfed him. After all, everyone who knew of him knew that Alphonse Cadmar was, by its very definition, large and imposing. And that was without his armor on. It was..... refreshing to look up at someone's face for a change.

When she asked if it was just the two of them, he nodded solemnly. "I tried convincing Grey to come, but he's up to his neck in paperwork. Poor bastard. I wouldn't take that job for the world." It was Al's belief that paperwork was as great and terrible a foe as the creatures of Grimm. Worse, actually, since Grimm were fun to fight and paperwork was not. Luckily he had alcohol to deal with the stress caused by work. Well.... alcohol and pleasant company. Of course, he was sure trying to flirt with Helena tonight would get him nowhere, as it always did. He felt the need to try anyways, though, just for the hell of it. "Can I buy you dinner?" he offered. "It's not good to drink on an empty stomach."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Helena Alexandria
 Posted: May 22 2016, 02:32 AM
played by

"Gray's no fun." Helena sighed loudly, in pretty much the same tone that someone else might have spoken the word 'Lame'. She wasn't exactly being fair to the headmaster, who was at least as well acquainted with drink on his bad nights as Al was during his infrequent stints of sobriety. It didn't excuse, in her mind at least, his inability to stop working long enough to come out and get loud and drunk. She made no answer to his offer of dinner for a couple of strategically placed seconds, and instead focussed some unneeded attention on straightening her top. The whole reason this attention was unnecessary was plainly because, were the top not already perfectly straight, it would have been indecent. With that thought in mind, there was a very good chance that she'd worn it just to tease Alphonse, the same way she was currently teasing him by pretending she hadn't heard him propose paying for something to eat.

Helena let the question hang for at least a minute, or however long it took for someone to finally bring out the jug of beer she'd ordered seconds after walking in.
"Finally." She immediately drew the jug to her side of the table and then made a show of, with excruciating precision, pouring two glasses full of exactly the same quantity of beer. When she was satisfied, jug still in her off hand, Helena held the almost overflowing glass she'd just got done pour out towards Alphonse in a toast.
"Cheers!" She shouted, with cheer so warm that it threatened to ignite the walls even as it thumped loudly against them. Then she tipped back the jug and drained it all in one go, without spilling so much as a drop from her glass, which remained extended out before her. Slamming the, now empt, jug back down on the table, Helena beamed broadly across the table at Al. One might think that now would have been the ideal time to acknowledge his offer, which was so old by this point as to be mouldering on the floor where Helena had let it fall. Helena would not have agreed, and turned her attention next upon her glass, from which she loudly slurped the foamy head that had formed around its rim. Finally, after a few more moments spent considering the colour and clarity of the beer she held, and a few more after that spent in apparent consideration of its after taste, her eyes finally slid back towards Al.
"Nice try, lover-boy, but I already ate. Ya didn't think I'd come unprepared, didja?" She gave him a catty smile, and purposefully slid his glass across the table towards him.
"But you go ahead and finish yer supper, yeah? I'll just be over here havin' dessert." Then, after fondly tipping her glass towards Al, she drained the glass as well. She slammed the glass down as well, this time with such force that it was a true testament to its quality that it didn't immediately turn into sand.
"Keep 'em comin'!" She called out to the bar, grinning broadly, "Don't stop till ya need four men and a wheel barrel to get me out." With or without Gray, it seemed that Helena was bound and determined to turn the night into a party...

"Courtesy of the young lady at the bar." The waiter said, upon returning to the scene of the crime with a fresh victim. Helena, who was already greedily reaching for the jug, regarded the waiter with incredulity before her grey eyes tracked in the direction he'd indicated.
"Got an admirer there, Al." Helena said speculatively, as she poured herself another drink, "Cute one too. Maybe ya should go try ya luck and give me some rest, yeah?" She grinned toothily and took a more moderate sip of her latest beer.
"Bit young though. I dunno if ya could handle her... Yer not so young as ya used to be, ya know?"
All this would have been teasing enough for your average, every day mischief maker, but Helena never did anything half way, so she said every last word loud enough so that the whole bar heard it. After all, where was the fun in teasing Al if nobody else got to appreciate her cleverness?

This post has been edited by Helena Alexandria: May 22 2016, 02:34 AM
PM
^
Alphonse Cadmar
 Posted: May 22 2016, 11:20 AM
is Offline
played by

As soon as her silence began, Alphonse knew the answer was no. He shrugged and finished his meal by the time the booze finally came, and once she poured them both a glass, he toasted with her and downed his first ale of the night in one go, just as she did. "I figured it wouldn't be as easy as that," he said with a shrug. "Had to try, though. And you know damn well I'll keep trying until you finally say yes." With that he poured a second mug and began drinking. When the waiter pointed out that a woman at the bar was paying for this next round, he glanced over as soon as Helena started teasing him. "If I'm not mistaken, that's actually one of your older students," he said to his companion. "A first year, I believe." He recalled the more interesting cases that caught his eye this year and that woman was one of them. A first year student who was twenty-one was quite the unusual student, so he'd read her file when he was going through student records. At least he hoped that's who it was and not an underage student. Unfortunately he couldn't recall her name right this moment.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Myst Aurum
 Posted: May 28 2016, 04:32 AM
is Offline
Academy Student
played by

Myst had listened closely after ordering drinks for the teachers. Professor Alexandria's comment about Myst being an admirer simply made her smirk. Taking another drink she lifted her hand in greeting. Of course, she didn't say anything, where would the fun be in that. When Professor Cadmar called her out on being a first year though, she turned around and smiled at them. Adjusting her coat, she spoke in an incredibly confident voice. "Myst Aurum, first year at Haven. Pleasure to meet you. At least, somewhere other than a classroom." Myst reached behind her and pulled each tube of dust out of her harness. They made the sound of a vacuum being filled as the mechanisms holding them in place released. She slipped them into a bag beneath her stool, the rainbow of dust glimmering in the dim light before vanishing.

Sweeping the bag onto her shoulder as she stood, Myst strode over to the table the two teachers were at. "I hope you don't mine me joining, after all I did pay for your drinks. Plus it's no fun to drink alone." Myst didn't wait for an answer, instead spinning a chair from a nearby table up and sliding it up to the table. She dropped into seat, grabbing a waiter's attention and ordering another drink. Looking at the two teachers sitting at the table she had just crashed, a large smirk grew on her face. The bag on her shoulder was carefully placed under the table she was sitting at as Myst leaned back. The smirk still on her face, she sat there waiting for her drink, or for one of them to address her.
PM
^
Helena Alexandria
 Posted: May 28 2016, 02:37 PM
played by

Helena looked slowly between Al and the student he'd identified, a solitary eyebrow raised in the universal gesture of incredulity. When the student stood up and confirmed Cadmar's assessment, the large faunus redoubled all efforts to look suitably sceptical and inflicted the resulting stare on Myst as she crossed the room and seated herself at their table. There was something to be said for the girl's apparent confidence, because she never would have reached the table without it.
"Al..." Helena said carefully, still staring at the, by her own admission, first year student that was now sharing the table. "I know I ain't been a Prof for all that long, yeah?" It had been four, going on five, years since Helena had joined the faculty at Haven, but she'd never gotten out of the habit of referring to herself as if she'd only just joined, "And maths ain't never been my strong suit..." her grey gaze maintained its unflinching stare, while her face remained markedly blank. "And I know it's been a while since I had to worry 'bout the legal drinkin' age..."
Finally tearing her eyes off of Myst, whom she'd honestly barely seen at this point, the grey eyed lion turned the full weight of her attention upon Alphonse.
"So maybe you can tell me why they're sellin' booze to a teenager."

So far as first impressions went, this probably wasn't one of the better ones Helena had made. While she was usually quite happy, even during her own lessons, to bend rules here and there for the sake of fun or a better educational experience, there was a stark line between letting students listen to music and actually aiding in the breaking of the law. The simple fact that Myst was not seventeen did not occur to her, which was a pretty keen indication of how uncommon late enrolment in a hunter's academy was.

This post has been edited by Aegle Vitus: May 28 2016, 02:37 PM
PM
^
Alphonse Cadmar
 Posted: May 28 2016, 09:41 PM
is Offline
played by

Helena's question brought a laugh from Alphonse. "I did say she was one of the older students didn't I? From what I remember, her file said she's twenty-one," he explained. "The only reason I know that is it caught my interest. Tell me, Myst, why is it you waited so long to attend Haven? Most students begin their first year at seventeen, yet you are five years ahead of your class." The assistant headmaster was genuinely curious about this girl. He'd read the file, but that was weeks ago and he'd really only skimmed it. He was more interested in hearing it from her own mouth. And of course Helena's bewilderment was quite amusing as well.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Myst Aurum
 Posted: May 29 2016, 11:32 AM
is Offline
Academy Student
played by

Professor Alexandria's words made very little impact to Myst. She knew what was coming, it was expected at this point. After all, everybody simply assumed she was seventeen when she said she was a first year, though the assumption is valid. When the inevitable question came though, Myst was not the first one to respond. Instead Professor Cadmar was the one to reply, before turning to ask Myst for some details on her late enrollment that is. "My reason to become a huntress didn't exactly hit me at the same time as everybody else. The dream came when I was seventeen, and I had no combat training beforehand. Apparently my potential and determination where enough to warrant the late arrival, and four years later I ended up here." Myst speaks with her hands, and as such her explanation was accompanied by hand gestures of varying intensity. When she was done, Myst leaned back once again in her chair, not having realized she was leaning forward. Her drink arrived not long after and Myst quickly took a drink. "Mm, too warm." Myst grimaced and put the glass back on the table. Reaching into her bag, She pulled out the blue and green dust tubes. Slotting them into their place on her harness, she reached out and grabbed the glass again. The two dusts flowed into the pipes on her shoulder, mixing as they did so. The powder activated before exiting Myst's palm and an icy wind poured from the glove and chilled the glass as she took another sip. "Much better."
PM
^

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
Sister Sites
This Will Be The Day - a RWBY roleplay
Static

REQUIEM