Clicky

chatbox
a rwby role play

about us
Legends. Stories, scattered through time. Mankind has grown quite fond of recounting the many exploits of heroes and villains, forgetting so easily that we are remnants - byproducts - of a forgotten past.

Join the ranks of Remnant’s prestigious Academies as you fight to protect the Four Kingdoms from the clutches of the evil Creatures of Grimm. Alternatively, you may work towards bringing the world to its knees by fighting against the last sparks of humanity. Red Like Roses is based on the hit web-series RWBY by Monty Oum and Rooster Teeth Productions.

What will happen this year?

updates
feb 16 we are excited to announce the unveiling of the new skin, CASPIAN! :D

Add Reply
New Poll

Date Night
Iris Althea
 Posted: Mar 19 2016, 02:10 PM
is Offline
Academy Staff
played by

Iris had to admit she was a bit surprised that she had managed to wrap up her work for the day before Neto had needed to track her down. Outside of the injuries sustained by her abused children, most arrivals hadn't been terrible taxing on her. By the time things were in a stable enough state for her to leave for the night, she had looked at the clock to see that she might have just enough time to run home and get changed into something more 'comfortable' for the night.

And so she departed the infirmary for the day, leaving her nurses special instructions to pass on to the night shift that she was only to be called in an absolute emergency that night. 'Dust help them if they call me in and someone isn't dying.' She thought, knowing that it was a bit selfish of her, but realizing that she needed this night to go well so she could unwind from years of unreleased stress.

Still, she knew that her nurses would understand the situation, and more importantly keep quiet about specifics. All that was important was that their boss was going to enjoy her night, and that she'd be happier in the immediate future for it, which would make their lives far easier than when she was stressed. None of them were in any hurry to disrupt those plans.

Iris left the main building of Titan Academy, making her way across campus to the building that housed several suites for Faculty members that needed to live on Academy grounds for some reason or another. In her case it was the need for her rapid presence in the case of any sort of emergency. With her semblance on top of her considerable medical knowledge and skills, Titan was practically its own hospital and it was her full responsibility.

She entered her suite and wasted no time in heading straight to the large wardrobe in her bedroom. Iris began pulling through her various clothes and tossing them onto her bed when something caught her eye. After almost a few minutes of sorting through her clothes she turned to her large wooden dresser and tentatively reached out to the second drawer. It almost felt strange for her to hesitate in opening something she had once been so excited to be able to go through.

"Dust I hope I'm still attractive." She whined slightly, nerves starting to get the better of her. Finally she pulled open the drawer to reveal her collection of lingerie. She had more than enough clothes to match whatever she chose to wear underneath, and there was a good chance her clothes wouldn't stay on through the night, so this was the most important choice she needed to make.

Iris picked through them carefully, finally pulling out a few pieces to try on and breathing far too heavy sighs of relief that they still fit her just perfectly. She settled on a black silk chemise over a lacy bra and a pair of stockings with garter belts. Of course they were all hand made by herself, one of the many benefits of being a spider faunus was an innate talent to sew clothing with fishnet material and her own naturally produced silk.

Of course, the chemise she had chosen completely covered her back. There was no need for Neto to see that undesirable part of her and ruin the mood of the night. Iris was always very careful even in her prime years of indiscretion, never once slipping up and allowing someone to see her shame even accidentally. She was confident that this night would be no different, and she had no reason to be concerned about it.

Now she turned to her clothes and picked out a black skirt that stopped just short of where her lace leggings ended, the garterbelts disappearing up into her skirt while still exposing a teasing section of her thighs. With that settled she turned to a simple buttoned blouse that she could comfortably wear to cover the chemise till it would eventually be time to reveal it.

After disappearing into her bathroom to fix herself with an absolutely minimal amount of makeup, she decided that she was ready to go and face the night. She took one long look at herself in the mirror to ensure that she was all put together, feeling her heart fluttering in a mix of anticipation and fear. 'I'd forgotten what this feels like...' She mused to herself as she nodded approvingly at her ensemble.

With her preparations done, she left her suite and locked the door behind her, knowing she wouldn't be home again till the next day. She walked back to the Academy main building, weaving her way through as if she knew the building like the back of her hand. Which, of course, after working there for so many years she essentially did. She could feel the eyes of students she passed by on her, almost in shock as many did triple takes as they realized just who it was making her way with a purpose through the Academy.

Finally reaching the elevator to the headmaster's office, she stepped inside and keyed the button to take her up. The doors closed and the elevator ascended, Iris using the brief time to look at her reflection in the polished metal of the elevator to make sure she looked acceptable. The elevator stopped its ascent and finally the doors opened, her heart starting to skip a few beats as she realized she had no idea how to present herself.

Stepping out of the elevator and into view of her boss, a friend, and her date for the night, she had to default to something that felt natural to her. And with that in mind, she opted to lightly tease Neto for not having come to her earlier. "You know it's not polite to keep a lady waiting." She pointed out to Neto with a hand on her hips and a smirk pulling at her lips.
PM
^
Neto Crius
 Posted: Apr 8 2016, 11:16 AM
is Offline
Academy Staff
played by

Just as Iris had been preparing, so had Neto. He of course had more to take care of than she had before he had time to prepare. Firstly, he made sure that the computer in his office-the one that Jester had gotten into-was not only shut down, but that the motherboard for said computer was hidden, leading him to have it hidden in a panel in the high ceiling of his office. After that, he had generally finished up what paperwork he had. That ended up taking more time than he had expected, as even Jessica had gone..wherever she lived. Of course, once everything was done, Neto felt along the wall for the seam, eventually pulling a false section of wall away, revealing an entire changing room within his office. He slipped into the room, checking through various sections of clothing. If he knew Iris as well as he thought, she would have dressed rather nicely. But, at the same time, he knew that something was bound to happen.

He knew there would need to be a mix of classy and casual. It would definitely look weird if he didn't pick his clothes correctly. After a good ten minutes, he finally decided on what to wear, grabbing a plain white shirt,a black coat made of thin wool, simple black denim jeans, and a pair of comfortable boots. Changing itself didn't take that long. But he really was pressed for time when he finally got everything sorted, sliding the door shut behind him as he quickly put on a bowler hat. Dust he was really going to get an earful if things took much longer. F**k..shit...really hope she's still getting ready.. He muttered as he shrugged on the coat, the light ding of the elevator bell causing him to jump, tearing the hat off of his head and tossing it like a Frisbee onto the couch, the hat landing mere moments before the doors opened, and Iris teased him for taking so long.

He chuckled softly, rubbing the back of his head with a nervous smile at that teasing though. Yeah..sorry about that. Ended up having a lot of paperwork and security upgrading to do..only just got done getting changed. Come on though, let's get out of here. He said as he walked over to Iris, hooking an arm around one of hers, all but dragging her out of his office. It wasn't a hostile kind of dragging, more like he was just ready to leave, and wasn't going to take no for an answer. He sighed softly as he hit the button for the ground floor, rubbing his face with his free hand. Dust I'm gonna need more weekends like this.. he mumbled as he looked back at Iris, continuing to steal glances at her. He had been wrong, she'd dressed fairly casually. Of course, he noticed the garterbelts. He at least had been right about that. Still..he was exceptionally nervous. The ride down seemed to take forever, and there was a lot of imagined tension. Honestly, he was just too nervous. This felt a bit unreal. He stood in nervous silence as he waited for either Iris to speak up, or the doors to open.
PM
^
Iris Althea
 Posted: Apr 9 2016, 01:18 AM
is Offline
Academy Staff
played by

When Neto mentioned paperwork and increased security measures Iris raised an eyebrow. She was tempted to ask for more details, there was something about the way he said it that told her there was more to this story. The motherly part of her started to immediately set to work, wondering if there was some need for increased concern for her children, something that needed to take priority over a simple night of fun.

Still, Neto had years of personal understanding of how deeply she cared for her children, or at least that was her hope in that moment. The spider had to trust him, knowing that if it was truly important enough that she needed to be concerned that she would be told about it. She had to put faith in his priorities that he wouldn't be messing around like this if it was a big concern.

Her thought process was disrupted when he all but dragged her back into the elevator. When they finally got in and the door closed on them, Iris couldn't stop herself from letting out a small giggle, her concerns left in the headmaster's office where they belonged. "We're a mess aren't we?" She asked rhetorically, her lips pulling at the corners of her mouth in a small smile as she tried to hold back more giggles.

The way this insane idea had evolved into two completely different perspectives over the course of only a few hours was obvious in the disparity between them. Iris was the picture of calm and certainty in herself while Neto looked ready to shake out of his skin. It wasn't that she wasn't a nervous wreck herself, it was merely that many years of experience had taught her to conceal feelings she didn't want to display very well.

Still, she needed to reassure him at least a little bit, after all the whole idea was to help relieve some mutual tension and help them both calm down. When he mentioned needing more weekends she gave a small nod of agreement. "I don't see why that can't happen." The spider pointed out, not one to pass up an opportunity to keep prey caught in her web. "We'll just have to see where this night takes us."

Iris' smile turned into a smirk when she caught her former student stealing glances at her out of the corner of his eyes, especially when he looked down to the garterbelts disappearing into her skirt. She couldn't pass up the opportunity to tease him a little more. "Hey now, my eyes are up here." The mature woman admonished him. "You were the one that wanted this to be more than a fling, don't get sidetracked now."
PM
^
Neto Crius
 Posted: Apr 10 2016, 03:25 AM
is Offline
Academy Staff
played by

The moment he was admonished, Neto's eyes shot to the door, the bell dinging as he led Iris out, smiling softly as he chuckled. To be fair, we both know that this wouldn't be a fling regardless of the outcome tonight. He said as the gentle, cool breeze caught his coat, sending it blowing back a bit as he walked out into the commercial area. Besides, you said yourself I owe you a few drinks, right? He asked with a smile as he led her into the parking lot, opening the passenger door to a rather simple, but still very nice blood red sedan. So, let's go get those drinks and a quick bite to eat, Miss Althea

As he called her by her "official" name, there was a very obvious teasing element to it , mostly because it was meant to be a callback to the last time he'd needed to bring her alcohol. Of course, that was just running to her then tiny office and grabbing the bottle she had kept hidden. This? This was another animal altogether. Still, when she got situated, Neto fished the keys out of his pocket, the ring having precious few keys on it. One master key for the academy, one for his Sedan, and one for his house. He slipped into the drivers seat, the cars engine roaring as he pulled out, taking Iris to a fairly high end restaurant.

Luckily, the place wasn't supposed to be busy. Neither of them would need to deal with a huge crowd, since they ended up leaving so late. So, He said, attempting to make small talk. I know I've been roaming the world, but what have you been doing while I wasn't around? The answer was obvious, true. But he was just trying to get her talking instead of teasing really.
PM
^
Iris Althea
 Posted: Apr 14 2016, 12:27 AM
is Offline
Academy Staff
played by

Iris smiled as they walked through the parking lot together to Netos' red sedan, enjoying the feeling of the cool breeze over her skin. "I suppose we'll just have to see where it goes." She said, doing her best to remain neutral about what was being implied. In truth she was doing her best not to get worked up about this date, even if she had been the one to put the idea in Neto's head in the first place.

When her date brought up the drinks she had mentioned earlier, she was taken a bit by surprise. "What brought about the change of heart?" She asked, truly curious after she had left their little conversation under the assumption that drinks would not be happening. "Did you remember you need a little bit of alcohol to even deal with me?" It wasn't that she couldn't adapt to the situation, after all it had been her idea in the first place. She was merely curious as to Neto's motives in changing their plans for the night.

She was pulled from those thoughts as Neto asked her what she had been up to in his absence. "Hmm..." Iris vocalized as she tried to think of what to tell him. "Well I suppose to start with, it's Doctor Althea now." She mused out loud, remembering that he hadn't been around when that particular advancement in her life occurred. It was at least a talking point for her, and if he wanted to start real conversation that was perfectly fine with the spider.

"It was a requirement that I go back to medical school and get my doctorate before I could accept the role as Chief Physician. I guess it wasn't enough that I can heal just about anything on a cellular level and make all my own bindings." She joked lightly, knowing there were perfectly legitimate reasons to further her education. Some of the things she learned had even helped her to make more efficient use of her semblance, which she had definitely enjoyed being able to implement.

She smiled and gazed out the window at the sights that passed them by for a few moments. "So I spent a few years with my nose stuck in more books when I wasn't taking care of my children. Thankfully my eyesight is never going to leave me, even in my growing age. Thank you genetics." Iris added under her breath as an afterthought, turning her head back to gaze at her date for the night. Iris tilted her head slightly and raised her gaze to look up at Neto. "Unless you think I'd look better with a pair of reading glasses on?"

The spider smirked and let the playful tease go. "And what about you?" Iris prompted Neto, eager to learn a bit more about her long lost student turned boss. "Surely traveling the world like you were is a bit more interesting than some silly old spider spending years studying and taking care of kids."
PM
^
Neto Crius
 Posted: Apr 18 2016, 01:35 PM
is Offline
Academy Staff
played by

When he was asked if he remembered needing Alcohol to deal with her, Neto chuckled. I mean, were you ever surprised that I nee ded a drink? You've always made me fairly nervous. But no, I don't need a drink. I just owe you a few f or dumping all of that work on you . He said simply as he drove down the road, listening to her update him on what she had been do ing over the years. Well, he hadn' t expected much different from her , really. She was very much a person that dedicated herself to the care of others. However, when she mentioned reading glasses, Neto shot her a sidelong grin.

I mean, if you need them, I don't mind. You know how I feel about those people that wear just empty fr ames for prescription glasses though. And as for my wandering..it was pretty normal. I got jobs mostly to help local law enforcement drive back the Grimm. It was worthwhile, yeah. Helping keep people safe and whatnot..but after a while it just became...an empty feeling. It wasn't uselessness..more like I didnt quite feel like I was using my skills in the best way. He explained, eventually pulling into the parking lot of the restaurant, slipping into park near the door as he sighed, shutting the Sedan off as he ran a hand through his hair. When I came back, I was offered the assistant headmaster role. Apparently good old Atlas was still keeping tabs on their most violent huntsman. On my first day, it turned out the headmaster had retired. So, now.here I am. Not really interesting, is it?
PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
Sister Sites
This Will Be The Day - a RWBY roleplay
Static

REQUIEM
Fairy Tail Guild