rules and guidelines of red like roses
- Site Etiquette
- Avatars & Images
- Role Playing
- Combat Rules
Big Brother is Watching You.
- On-Site Content
- Red Like Roses, per JCink Terms of Service, follows a PG13-like rating. All content on the board, be it in-character or otherwise, should not go beyond the standard for PG13 content. For more information on what is NOT acceptable on RLR, check out JCink’s ToS (in case you didn’t read it when it popped up during registration).
- Respectful Behavior
- Respect is a huge part of our community. Our members come from a variety of backgrounds, each bringing with the different personalities that make Red Like Roses as friendly a site as it is. Regardless of race, gender, sexual preferences, gender identities, etc - we want everyone to be able to enjoy themselves and feel safe. Disrespectful behavior of any kind (bigotry, racism, sexism, etc), justified or not, will absolutely not be tolerated here on RLR (with the exception of mild racism allowed between Humans and Faunus in RP only).
Note: We understand that, from time to time, people just have bad days. If this applies to you in the slightest, please realize that you are not immune to this rule and that potentially disrespectful behavior will be met with consequences depending on the severity. The best solution, if you really must vent, is to speak to a Staff member via PM or Skype. We want you to be able to express yourself, but at the same time we have to promote a healthy atmosphere for everyone.
- The Community
- Lastly, RLR is an ever-growing community of people coming together to have fun - so why not introduce yourself in the cbox or the introductions forum? And as you may have guessed, have fun!
Avatars & Images
- No IMGUR Images
- Due to an issue between IMGUR and JCink, we recommend not hotlinking images hosted on the former on RLR. More about this can be read HERE.
- Avatars must follow content guidelines, or they will be removed promptly with or without notice. Nothing NSFW. Dimensions for avatars is 200x200 pixels!
- Signatures may not be larger than 300x400 pixels. This avoids stretching the board and filling signature space with super-sized images. Violations will be handled accordingly, with or without notice.
- Familiarity with Role Play
- As a member of RLR, you are expected to have some form of familiarity with how role playing works. All posts should be made in English, and free of “l33t speak”. Though there is no post count on RLR, all we ask is that you do your very best when making a post. Avoid one-liners, for example.
- Characters & Naming
- You’re allowed to have as many characters on RLR as you can handle, so long as you have a separate account for each of them. “Why do I need a separate account?” you ask? Simply put, it helps us with the board census and allows others to find your characters a little easier as well.
Note: Please be sure to register your account with your character’s FIRST and LAST name (i.e. Ruby Rose). For optimal display, it is recommended your username is no more than 16 characters long. If need be, feel free to use a character’s nickname as your username. Additionally, the Color Naming Rule set forth by Monty Oum is not strictly adhered to on RLR, though it is encouraged.
- Face Claims
- RLR only accepts animanga, comic, videogame or other form of animation face claims. Real life celebrities, or random real life people, are not acceptable. In addition, no canon characters from the series, nor their face claims, may be used on-site. Furthermore, references to such characters is not allowed either.
- Age of Students
- The average age to begin tuition at the Academies of Remnant is 17 years old. Characters may be allowed to start early or late under certain circumstances. These circumstances will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Avoid various forms of cheating during the role play. This includes God-Moding, Metagaming, Powerplaying and more.
- Avoid Self Serving
- Try not to keep an entire plotline to yourself (family relations, romances, etc). We understand there may be some people who are uncomfortable RPing these relationships, just keep in mind adding a little flavor to your story by inviting someone else to be a part of it can be just as awesome!
- Making Your Semblance
- When creating your Semblance, keep in mind that there is very little information within RWBY regarding the nature of individuals Semblances. What we do know is that they are connected to the users soul as the “more tangible manifestation of [their] Aura”. As far as perceived, they are neither offensive nor defensive in design, but supplementary to the character as a whole. The Staff will consider all details of submitted Semblances prior to review, and if needed, will recommend ways to correct any conflicts.
- Getting Reviewed
- Once you complete your character, it is IMPORTANT that you post in the COMPLETED PROFILES thread. The Staff are not mind readers, and most of the time they are moderating several aspects of the site at once. Following a post in “Completed Profiles”, your application will be reviewed in a timely manner.
- Combat on RLR is freeform and falls under an "honor system" format. Don't take advantage of our decision to not adopt a strict combat system. Use proper storytelling and don't cheat (godmodding), and make the best out of the story you are writing with others. Moderators will show due diligence in ensuring everyone plays fair in the midst of combat.
Note: This is in the process of being updated.
- Section Heading
- Chartreuse post-ironic small batch kinfolk cold-pressed sartorial, cray officia asymmetrical vegan consequat green juice wayfarers thundercats. Franzen esse lumbersexual, butcher kogi craft beer nesciunt sunt tempor thundercats raw denim retro brunch.