Clicky

chatbox
a rwby role play

about us
Discord Link
Legends. Stories, scattered through time. Mankind has grown quite fond of recounting the many exploits of heroes and villains, forgetting so easily that we are remnants - byproducts - of a forgotten past.

Join the ranks of Remnant’s prestigious Academies as you fight to protect the Four Kingdoms from the clutches of the evil Creatures of Grimm. Alternatively, you may work towards bringing the world to its knees by fighting against the last sparks of humanity. Red Like Roses is based on the hit web-series RWBY by Monty Oum and Rooster Teeth Productions.

What will happen this year?

updates
feb 16 we are excited to announce the unveiling of the new skin, CASPIAN! :D

Add Reply
New Poll

« Let's Talk About That: Forum Layout »
Kenji
 Posted: Apr 11 2016, 10:40 AM
is Offline
played by

Hey there RLRians!

It's time for another Let's Talk About That thread, but this one is going to be a little different. It's not so much for polling interest in a new system and getting opinions on it (though we will be asking for your opinion, nonetheless), but rather expanding on a subject that most long-time members of RLR know that I, personally, put a lot of care and attention into expanding on.

The rather mundane subject is... *drum roll*

How the forum stands as far as intractability and usability.

"What do you mean, Ken?" you may be asking.

In short, I want to hear from you guys - the members - on how well you are able to navigate the site, how well things work - i.e. does the skin break in some areas for you? does it not adjust with browsers/different resolutions (because, ideally, it should). All that crap, I guess. While we've received some good feedback with how the layout (not the site theme, mind you) goes together, we've also received some poor feedback as well.

So the gist of it is, guys, how does the site work for you?
The more responses, the better! So don't be shy!

Ken's Two-Cents: I definitely feel like it could be easier to get around. Even I (and I organized the layout) have trouble and get lost from time to time, which is a definite red flag. I'm working on a layout that I feel will be more user-friendly and well-received by everyone (if not almost everyone) and contribute to a positive experience here on RLR. Don't worry, I'll be posting it for everyone to review before going through with changes! \owo/

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMWebsite
^
Spinel
 Posted: Apr 11 2016, 12:50 PM
is N/A

Having somewhere readily accessible where we can get a search function would do wonders for tracking down topics.
^
Star Aurora
 Posted: Apr 11 2016, 01:32 PM

I'll say this and only this. I use the mobile site as often as I can because I find that it shows me unread posts easier than the other. The desktop site just feels too cluttered and busy to me. Just my two cents.
^
Apathy
 Posted: Apr 20 2016, 12:41 AM
is N/A

I'm with Star on this one, its easier on the mobile site to see which forums have been updated recently, and its easier to find new posts, the PC site could benefit of something similar.
^
Cray-22
 Posted: Apr 23 2016, 09:21 AM

I actually like the desktop site and use it on my phone. Then again I have no life and check posts often, even if I don't reply or if there is nothing waiting for me. I might be willing to give the mobile version a try if you can integrate the cbox.

This post has been edited by Cray-22: Apr 23 2016, 09:22 AM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
Sister Sites
This Will Be The Day - a RWBY roleplay
Static

REQUIEM
Fairy Tail Guild