Clicky

chatbox
a rwby role play

about us
Legends. Stories, scattered through time. Mankind has grown quite fond of recounting the many exploits of heroes and villains, forgetting so easily that we are remnants - byproducts - of a forgotten past.

Join the ranks of Remnant’s prestigious Academies as you fight to protect the Four Kingdoms from the clutches of the evil Creatures of Grimm. Alternatively, you may work towards bringing the world to its knees by fighting against the last sparks of humanity. Red Like Roses is based on the hit web-series RWBY by Monty Oum and Rooster Teeth Productions.

What will happen this year?

updates
feb 16 we are excited to announce the unveiling of the new skin, CASPIAN! :D

Add Reply
New Poll

Triage, Attn: Ryees~
Aegle Vitus
 Posted: Apr 26 2016, 01:24 AM
is Offline
Academy Student
played by

"Are you absolutely certain?" The nurse asked in a careful, unobtrusive tone which was perfectly calculated to prod someone into reconsidering a particularly bad decision. It was, in Aegle's personal experience, the sort of tone nurses always used when addressing her, and it would have come as a shock to the orange haired girl to hear a nurse address her any differently.
"Sure-Sure~" Aegle answered with a complicated, flip-flopping wave of one hand as the other tugged at the shirt she'd been given out of the giftshop to replace the sorry piece of apparel she'd arrived in the night before. "My parents have everything I need, and I can change the bandages myself." She offered this information in a tone of supreme confidence and self assurance which she reserved specifically for addressing medical professionals, especially those who were expressing inordinate care for her personal well being. While she wasn't a guileful sort of person in any real capacity, sheer exposure had taught Aegle a few tricks for dealing with doctors and nurses. The best thing to do was to assure them that everything they would have done would still get done, and if you could predict what they were going to ask you to do, all the better. That being said, and Aegle still being Aegle, she didn't wholly recognize the sceptical expression which spread across the nurse's face.
"Riiight..." The nurse, whose name tag was obscured, said with deliberate misgivings laced thickly into her voice, "Well, if you experience a recurrence..."
"I'll let someone know immediately." Aegle cut in quickly, her smile stretching to uncomfortable width in her plaintively obvious efforts to placate the nurse. When the nurse's expression didn't change, she quickly added, "And I will drink plenty of fluids?"
Apparently satisfied, or at least past the point of professional interest, the nurse tapped something on her scroll. Then she waited a few seconds and, noting that Aegle had not moved, raised a solitary eyebrow in inquiry. Aegle, for her part, wasn't paying attention and, instead, was looking around expectantly. It took the clearing of the nurse's throat to actually capture her attention.
"Uh..." The orange haired girl tipped her head, "Is someone gonna push me out? I'd do it myself, but the doctor got pretty cross with me last time..."
The nurse blinked, but offered no indication as to what exactly Aegle had said to give her pause. Finally, she just shook her head.
"You're checking yourself out. You've assumed all liability..."
It was Aegle's turn to blink and look blankly at the nurse. Sighing, the nurse settled back in her seat and waved dismissively.
"You can walk yourself out." She offered in a tired tone.
"Oh."
Smiling broadly, Aegle pushed herself out of the wheel chair which had brought her down to the lobby, gave a big stretch, and then grunted somewhat when the extremity of said stretch pulled something a bit too tight just above chest. The nurse watched impassively as Aegle, whirring quietly with each motion, rolled her joints and carefully stretched in a way that wouldn't put any strain on the many stitches that covered various parts of her body. Finally, when Aegle was apparently done, the still seated woman asked, "Where did you get the chair from, anyway?"
"Dunno." Aegle shrugged, "Just lyin' around. Have a nice day~" And with that, she turned on her heels to leave.

Her clothes had been cut off of her the night before, shortly following her collapse in the middle of the emergency room admittance area, and what had replaced them couldn't have been any less flattering. A pair of concrete grey sweat pants, two sizes too large, covered her legs and clashed loudly with her hiking boots, while a navy blue sweatshirt with "Mantellian Hospital" printed on the lapel, also at least one size too large, hung off her shoulders. Both articles had come out of the hospital's gift shop, which Aegle had passed on her way to the administration desk, and neither looked especially up to the task of clothing the diminutive girl. They covered up the brace well enough though, so they were as good as the richest rainbow robes so far as Aegle was concerned. As she limped lightly towards the exit, she didn't give off the impression of someone who'd been admitted for multiple gunshot wounds, a dozen or more deep contusions, mild blood loss and, most seriously, acute bradycardia. In fact, she seemed to be in relatively high spirits, if a little bit pale. After all, this was nothing she hadn't dealt with before. All right, the bullet wounds were certainly new, and the bloodloss for that matter, but everything else was pretty familiar ground where Aegle was concerned. The requisite few days or so of 'taking it easy' were going to be zero fun at all, she knew, but she had managed to go a few days without exercising before and, if she dug down real deep, she was sure she could do it again. Besides, it would be nice to see her mom and dad again, even if she knew they were going to kick up the same old fuss about 'too much excitement' in her life... Aegle was actually kind of looking forward to her father's inevitable entreaty to focus on the less physical aspects of huntsmanship.
PM
^
Altimeda Fontine
 Posted: Apr 29 2016, 04:54 PM
Hunter
played by

"Attonse, we're leaving."

Altimeda swept past the man who had long been assigned his personal assistant and longer still been a very close adviser, snatching his cloak up off the back of the dust wooden chair and swinging it about his shoulders. The tiny cabin they had "borrowed" for the stakeout was dim and lit only by a lazily swinging dust lamp in the center of the main room, and the dust hung in the air like a miasma. It was better than sleeping in the woods, though—barely.

"I would advise we did not leave the cabin until—" Attonse cut off, recognizing the sharpness in the glare that Altimeda had shot him. The Huntsman's visage had darkened out of nowhere after receiving a message on his scroll, so it could only be a result of that. "Might I ask where we're going, then? What was that about?" he queried, gesturing to the scroll dangerously clenched in Altimeda's tightening hand.

"Aeenmae is in the hospital. Her airship was shot down."

It took Attonse less than a second to follow Altimeda out the door.

The trip was agonizingly long even with the modified airship's engines at near-critical levels, but at the very least it gave Altimeda time to do some digging. He shot messages to a dozen or more people, a small few of them answered and a smaller fraction of those helpful. A contact within the Atlesian hospital came through for him big, giving him access to Aeenmae's patient log. Altimeda's eyes pored over the data. Aura depleted. Body critical. Internal bruising. Broken bones... everywhere. Ugh. He got to the end of the file and was about to skim over it when a detail caught his eye. Admitted by a red-haired girl with similar injuries, also admitted.

That piqued his interest. She was not alone in those woods, he knew, but the aging Huntsman had assumed that everyone there with her had been hostile. To learn that Mae had not survived on her own meant two things: He had a debt to repay, and a name to find.

His searches and feelers went out again, an army of messenger pigeons flying out over the airwaves as he searched, but instincts made this a far simpler search. If the girl was an Aura-user as Altimeda expected, Titan staff would know of her. And after a few exchanges, he found he was right. A girl with a blazing red Mohawk was not one the staff easily lost track of, apparently. Vitus, Aegle. First year. Good shit, kiddo.

After looking at them for so many years, it did not take Altimeda long to take in the data from the girl's transcript. It almost came as a surprise to him that nearly five hours had passed when Attonse began to lower the jet down. "Coming?" he questioned as he waited by the rising door. When Attonse gave a gentle shake of his head, Altimeda nodded in return and took a deep breath. "I'll be back when I figure out what's going on. If you get called off, go. I can find a way outta here."

Putting on a more neutral face—and covering up the glacial, arctic fury that someone had dared to harm his little sister—he strode down the ramp purposefully, fighting the urge to Aura dash right through the front door to the reception desk and create an enormous scene to get the information he wanted as quickly as possible. He contented himself for the moment with thoughts of finding the group responsible for this, kicking in their door, and storming in to tear—

His mind froze for a moment as he realized he had strode past another person in his daydreaming. Compact in every sense of the word, low on Aura, and most significantly, capped with a shock-of-orange Mohawk that looked like it had seen better days. Altimeda spun on his heel and called out, "Heyo, wait a second," as he closed the gap between them.

He was, as ever, unsure if his face would trigger any recognition from her, never sure of how far his name had traveled. "Aegle, right?"

—
Altimeda Fontine
TEMPLATE BY JEBS
PM
^
Aegle Vitus
 Posted: Apr 29 2016, 08:58 PM
is Offline
Academy Student
played by

Somewhere between the administration desk and the doors, Aegle had tucked herself quite comfortably into a world all of her own making. She was already home in this world, and arranged before her was the spread of her favourite foods which were always put together whenever she got sick. Her mother was there and, because this was a fantasy, they were past the bit where she was regarding Aegle with critical concern and speaking in that hushed and serious way she did. Instead, she was smiling and saying how happy she was to have Aegle back for a visit, neverminding the circumstances. Her father was there too and, just like her mother, was just happy to have Aegle back for a little visit. He almost certainly was not hiding his anxiety behind a fixed smile so stiff it threatened to snap his face like cheap plastic, and his wife would certainly not be retreating to the study after she thought Aegle had gone to sleep, to pour through the copious amounts of medical literature she certainly did not have on her scroll. In short, Aegle was very much looking forward to paying her parents a visit, and certainly wouldn't have gone back to Titan right that moment if it would have been easier and less awkward to explain things to her teammates. For reasons entirely unrelated to the topic at hand, Aegle reminded herself to better acquaint herself with the medical facilities and functions available at Titan.

Aegle was, quite gratefully, saved from this particular train of thought when, quite unexpectedly, she heard someone say her name. She replayed the past few seconds back in her mind and realised, with a bit of wonder, that she was actually being hailed by someone. She turned reflexively, but paused mid spin when she got a look at the person who had summoned her. Now Aegle could not be accused of having a traditional or common or pronounceable name, so the odds that a complete stranger was calling out to some other Aegle while she just happened to be standing right there were fundamentally remote. That being said, she could not immediately reconcile the utterly unfamiliar face, complete with an expression that could best be described as recognizant expectation, with the idea that it's owner was talking to her. Which was why it was understandable, though no less ridiculous, when she responded with "Who, me?" despite having a name which was about as common as fireproof ice.

"Who, me?" Aegle asked incredulously, as she took in the expectant countenance of the man before her and reiterated to herself that she hadn't the faintest foggy clue who he was or how he knew who she was. He had the sort of face she felt pretty confident she'd be able to remember, if only because he was decidedly dad-aged and she didn't really know that many people the same age as her father. She was about to ask if he was a doctor, but before that supposition could blossom into the inevitable concern that they wanted to run some more tests on her, she recognized the fact that he wasn't wearing scrubs or a name tag. Now this observation might have seemed a bit too pertinent to have been made by someone with Aegle's non-robust faculties, but she had spent a great deal of her life in hospitals and clinics and places of medicine, and doctors, no matter their age, sex, or breed, all looked the same in certain ways. Ways this stranger simply lacked.
"I dunno who you are, Mister." she finally told him, quite flatly, though with the faintest hint of uncertainty in her voice. She was still trying t form some basic idea of who he was and why he was calling out to her, which is why she followed this flat statement with, "If this is about the truck, I'm sorry..." Then, feeling as though she should elaborate, Aegle added, "It was hard to reach the pedals and the accelerator felt a lot like the brakes after my feet went numb."
PM
^
Altimeda Fontine
 Posted: May 3 2016, 03:06 AM
Hunter
played by

Recognition, hair color, and confirmation of her recent activities were all Altimeda needed to affirm this girl as being the student in question that had assisted Aeenmae. "Well, s'kind of a bout the truck, yeah," he chirped, closing the gap to be within a personable distance and extending a hand. A smile somewhere between grateful and warm split his face as he added, "And you don't know me, but you do know my sister. My name is Altimeda Fontine." He let his name ring, just for a moment, searching for recognition in her eyes, and lowered his hand whether she had shaken it or not. "I'd say I owe you a drink but you look a little young for that. Why don't I buy you a crappy meal from the cafeteria here so I can ask you a few questions?" He did his best to avoid sounding like a police officer, but he needed answers, and this girl had them.

"My sisters are the most precious thing in the world to me." He was unsure when he had begun talking again, but he noticed that his smile had become somewhat melancholy, though his eyes still held their friendly light. "I want to find a way to properly thank you, but I need to know everything I can about what happened in those woods. I don't take very kindly to attempted murder on my family." He coughed, pulling the darkness out of his voice.

Altimeda jerked a thumb back towards the hospital as he finally managed to right his expression; as such, a sideways grin split his face and his words came with the proper level of self-amusement he shot for when trying to make nice with a person. "F'you're not keen on hangin' here, we can split off to a place in town, yeah? I imagine you've probably had your fill of bad hospital food and overattentive medical professionals who think they know what's best for ya, eh?"

#DadHumor
Altimeda Fontine
TEMPLATE BY JEBS
PM
^
Aegle Vitus
 Posted: May 3 2016, 07:43 PM
is Offline
Academy Student
played by

Aegle was not at all happy to have her suspsicions that this strange, patronly man was, in fact here 'about the truck'. She'd been dreading this moment. Well, as much as Aegle, whose understanding of the future was elementary at best, could dread anything that was not already in the process of taking place. She immediately looked past the man to check if there was a window she could jump through to throw off pursuit, thus proving to the universe that it wasn't just the future which she had an elemental understanding of. Before she quite got into step two of her 'run away and make it as hard to follow me as possible' plan, step one having been the perfunctory search for viable exits, Aegle's ears helpfully informed her that fleeing with utmost alacrity and an utter dearth of caution might not be necessary. And because any one of Aegle's senses trying to catch the attention of her brain when it was already in motion was like a kitchen sponge trying to soak up a lake, Aegle was already on to step three of her plan, which involved smiling at the stranger so he didn't get suspicious, when what he'd said finally got through to her.
"Your sister?" she repeated flatly, as one eye brow arched incredulously. Aegle, as a rule, did not know very many people. There was her family, the friends of the family, and the people she went to school with. She met plenty people, sure, but she didn't really 'know' many. Not to mention the fact that she was pretty sure she would have remembered meeting someone named Altimeda. First Aaenmae and now Altimeda, she thought tangentially; What ever happen to good old fashioned names like Sapphire and Verdant? His last name probably should have caused some ripples, but the rushing waters of her train of thought barely seemed to notice.

"Uhhh..." Aegle risked as he tried to steer her back into the heart of the hospital with the lure of food. She was wickedly hungry, if she was wholly honest, and any other time that just might have worked. Given that she was, however unreasonably, concerned that the hospital staff might make another attempt for her to remain for observation, Aegle quickly hushed the insistent voice that was her appetite. He went on saying a whole bunch of stuff which Aegle was sure she would have agreed with if she'd had a better idea of what he was talking about. It all sounded really agreeable, but she wasn't yet able to grasp the situation. This was mostly due to the fact that, reminded of her hunger as she'd just recently been, she realised she hadn't actually eaten anything since the trailmix she'd had as a snack the previous afternoon. Now Aegle was, as a general rule, an incredibly focused person. The only real problem was that she couldn't seem to focus on more than a single thing at a time. This made trying to piece together what Altimeda was talking about, as well as reconcile her vague desire to put as much distance between herself and the hospital as possible, quite difficult simultaneous to her suddenly ravenous hunger. Which is why it was so fortunate that he said something which addressed two out of the three things presently competing for her consideration.
"Alright then~" She said immediately as she latched on to the idea of going somewhere else to eat with all the desperate relief of someone falling a great height who has managed to catch hold of a windowsill. "There's a place that does breakfast not far! S'just a little bit of a walk..." Aegle turned that way, even as the words were leaving her mouth. "Oh, I could just demolish a stack of pancakes." She cooed rapturously as she walked, with a fond pat of her flat stomach. "I'm gonna eat pancakes until I'm sick." She resolved with proud certainty. She would too, and absently wondered if she'd be able to beat her previous record. She sighed as she limped easily towards their destination, the world once again manageable in its simplicity. She would get something to eat, then she would go home and visit her parents for a couple of days. Having such direct and achievable goals really did take a weight off her mind, which let Aegle deal with some of the backlogged mental processes that had started up since meeting Altimeda. Finally, the pin dropped.
"You're Mae's brother!" Aegle gushed abruptly as, turning sharply to face Altimeda, a smile immediately furnishing her skinny face and incidentally stretched the angry bruise present right below her one eye.
"Oh, wow..." She sighed in awe, "Didja parents give all of you funny names, or was it just you and Mae?" Then, before he could answer her, her smile expanded into a gigantic grin.
"My name's Aegle~" She extended her hand in manner which she certainly intended to be proper and polite, but which had more in common with the firing action of a gun. "S'A pleasure t'meetchu!"
That he had already made it abundantly clear that he knew precisely who she was did not seem to occur to her...

This post has been edited by Aegle Vitus: May 3 2016, 07:48 PM
PM
^
Altimeda Fontine
 Posted: May 16 2016, 03:49 PM
Hunter
played by

The girl proved to be a bit of a whirlwind. A handful of seconds passed where he thought his introduction had fallen flat and that she did not recognize him, and for a moment he thought he had found the wrong girl. Knowing full well that that was not the case but unsure how to trigger the connection in her mind, he had moved to follow her when she started for town; he had gotten one step before she whipped around like a top and finally gave him the output he had been searching for and expecting. With a comfortable smile—that also held a hint of relief—he shook her outstretched hand just firmly enough to feel respectable whilst keeping in mind the possibility of injuries about her arm.

Funny names? It clicked in Altimeda's mind that Aegle's mouth undoubtedly had a tendency to sprint ahead of her brain, something he would keep in mind in the future. At that moment, though, she had extended her hand and offered a typical polite greeting, so he refreshed his smile and responded in kind. "Glad we're on the same page," he shot back to her friendly-but-polite reception, "I'm glad to have met you too. Though I'm pretty sure Mae might be the winner on who likes you the most, considering the circumstances."

Altimeda resumed the step he had been halfway through, gesturing to Aelge to lead the way as they departed the hospital's front walkway. "Gotta say, not the place I expected to be today." His reflection bore no small amount of weariness, belying his good-natured smile and seemingly high energy. "When I woke up this morning, I was in Mistral. I was going to be very pissy if I had to interrupt my mission to come ID a body for the Atlesian medical systems." He huffed a distant laugh, turning his vision to Aegle out of the corner of his eye and giving her a short but gracious nod. "I can't thank you enough, but I can't say I'm not curious as to how you two ended up in the same place."

—
Altimeda Fontine
TEMPLATE BY JEBS
PM
^
Aegle Vitus
 Posted: May 17 2016, 06:49 PM
is Offline
Academy Student
played by

With the discordant choir of whirring machinery that accompanied pretty much every move Aegle made, the orange haired girl fondly shook Altimeda's hand. Her father had once told her that you could tell a lot about someone from their handshake, and while the wisdom of this figurative statement was mostly lost on Aegle, she still tried to pay attention when she shook a person's hand. Though, where her father would have paid attention to things like expression and would have looked out for any apparent reluctance, Aegle focused her limited powers of observation on my tangible things. Things like grip strength and the feel of a foreign hand inside of her own. To wit, she found Altimeda's grip to be strong but not crushing, and found his hands to be just slightly on the bony side, though she couldn't really draw any fine conclusions about his character from such evidence. Had her own methods been used on her, Altimeda would have found that her handshakes aimed to lead the pace of the handshake, rather than simply follow her partners motions. Her hands also had a texture to them which one might not have suspected of someone Aegle's size. Her palms were thick with callouses and had a topography that would have made a geologist weak in the knees. What was more ,there was a sense of weight in her hand, a feeling of density and solidity. Her knuckles were scarred thickly, and the bones beneath were thicker than average, betraying many hours spent 'training' her hands for the fine art of punching. Which was a pretty remarkable quality given that most fist fighting huntsman incorporated some manner of protection to save their hands, even if it was just in the form of bandaged wraps. And, while Aegle was no exception to this rule and had, in fact, used knuckle plates prior to her first Oupis, she had also quite obviously spent many gruelling and, undoubtedly, painful hours strengthening her hands as well. However, perhaps the most telling thing about her handshake was the fact that her grip was remarkably loose. This, in spite of the, not unreasonable expectation, that Aegle would be the sort of person to grip as firmly as she could. In fact, given the apparent enthusiasm with which she shook Altimeda's hand, it was pretty clear she was gripping as tightly as she could, which only emphasized how loose her hold on his hand was.

One could certainly draw some conclusions from Aegle's handshake. Certainly, one could draw more conclusions than she was capable of drawing herself.

At Altimeda's evident invitation, Aegle released his hand and swung lightly about, as though she hadn't been involved in anything more strenuous than a evening stroll in the last twenty four hours. Her thoughts wandered to the not so distant future, which promised to be filled with pancakes and an unhealthy amount of syrup, so she didn't pay too much attention to the things Altimeda said as she lead him down the block. She had the vaguest impression that he was talking about Mae in some capacity when he mentioned IDing a body, but didn't mentally connect the two things, which was probably fortunate as it was unwise to challenge Aegle's optimism when she was thinking about food. What the huntsman said next penetrated a bit deeper however, and actually managed to get past the promising visions of poor dietary decision to come.
"How was I there?" She asked absently, with a glance back at the following man, an curious expression on her open face. "Well I caught a ride to the forest, but I walked to where Mae crashed."
She swung back around and slipped her hands behind her head. Then, straightening up as far as she could, which still left her only vaguely bent, she added absently.
"I've never seen an airship crash before, ya know?" Adding to the vagueness of this statement, a quiet sigh soon followed, before Aegle dropped her arms back down to her side like scything axe heads, and resumed her usual slouch. Then, following a train of thought which only Aegle's special mind could have followed, she concluded with an almost sotto voce, "They were tryin' to kill her..."
Then, without any apparent thought for the incongruity of her actions, Aegle lifted her head and looked meaningfully at their surroundings.
"Pretty sure it's down this way." She called back, without turning to make sure Altimeda was still being her, as she turned down a small side street that run perpendicular to the main thoroughfare away from the hospital campus.
PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
Sister Sites
This Will Be The Day - a RWBY roleplay
Static

REQUIEM
Fairy Tail Guild