Clicky

chatbox
a rwby role play

about us
Legends. Stories, scattered through time. Mankind has grown quite fond of recounting the many exploits of heroes and villains, forgetting so easily that we are remnants - byproducts - of a forgotten past.

Join the ranks of Remnant’s prestigious Academies as you fight to protect the Four Kingdoms from the clutches of the evil Creatures of Grimm. Alternatively, you may work towards bringing the world to its knees by fighting against the last sparks of humanity. Red Like Roses is based on the hit web-series RWBY by Monty Oum and Rooster Teeth Productions.

What will happen this year?

updates
feb 16 we are excited to announce the unveiling of the new skin, CASPIAN! :D
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Good booze, good company, Alphonze, Helena, Myst
Helena Alexandria
 Posted: Jun 1 2016, 11:50 PM
played by

Helena resisted the impulse to feel as though she had been tricked. Al was right after all, he had said that Myst was an 'older' student, even if his exact wording had been a bit misleading. Resisting, furthermore, the impulse to get back at Alphonse for not tricking her, she reached towards the latest, rapidly depleting jug, intent on drowning her embarrassment along with her sobriety. Properly equipped once more, she regarded Myst as she sipped reflectively on her refilled glass, her gaze something between thoughtful and curious. With the sharpness of her grey eyes, it was the sort of look you could really picture on the face of some great cat as considered whether something were worth eating.
"Well, never too late to start makin' a difference, yeah?" Helena allowed, so as to not remain wholly passive in the conversation, though it was clear most of her focus was on examining the student seated before her. She wasn't the sort of person who could made sweeping judgements about others, but she liked to follow her instincts and tended to pay attention to them where first impressions were concerned. To wit, she observed a young woman who, while not necessarily arrogant, exuded a sort of confidence. She was the kind of person who Helena could have seen playing the lead in a law-drama about a single, independent woman trying to make her way in the big city. She was not the kind of person Helena imagined inviting out for drinks. Alphonse, while certainly a high functioning alcoholic, was at least a lot of fun when you got a few pints of beer in him, where as Helena, from what she'd seen of Myst so far, could not actually imagine the student cutting loose. Naturally, these subjective impressions were a whole lot fuzzier and not quite so solidly realised where Helena was concerned. Instead, they were tiny little things hovering in the back of her mind, little observations that, while not consciously considered, coloured her opinion of Myst all the same.
"I'd been out of school almost a decade, before I started huntin', ya know?" She sipped her beer in punctuation, then set the half full glass down on the table, while her eyes followed Myst's hands as they chilled her own glass.
"You some sorta dust adept then?" Gesturing vaguely in the direction of Myst's glass, which had frosted faintly beneath the tumbling aural energy, Helena allowed one eyebrow to climb inquisitively before her piercing gaze returned to the student's face.
"Not a lot of you around." She observed mildly, masking the great understatement in her words. During years of tournament fighting, she'd only run into a small handful of hunstmen who eschewed standard arms in favour of using Dust exclusively. There were a couple of ways to go about it, and it was pretty evident that Myst had opted for the 'direct application' method, which was probably Dust fighting's most prevalent iteration. As a result, it was the method which Helena, having fought a couple of huntsmen who used it, was most familiar with.
"Ain't seen a rig like yours before, yeah? Must be custom." That wasn't saying much though. Most huntsmen weapons were custom built for their respective owner. Still, there was a difference between building a shotgun-club and constructing a, comparatively, much more complex device for targeted Dust application. It it seemed as though Helena's interest had been piqued, that was because it had been.
"Do you always wear when you go out on the town? Most students opt to leave their weapons in their lockers, ya know?"

This post has been edited by Aegle Vitus: Jun 1 2016, 11:50 PM
PM
^
Myst Aurum
 Posted: Jun 14 2016, 07:26 PM
is Offline
Academy Student
played by

Myst looked towards Professor Alexandria, smiling at her questions. The smile was accompanied by a nod, then a sip of her drink before she responded. "Dust adept huh? So that's the term for it. Makes sense, I do exclusively fight with dust. 'Course, it helps to have the ability to exert control directly over the powder." Applying another chill to her drink she took another swig. Her smile changed slightly, moving a little bit out of the controlled look as her inhibition slowly began slipping away. Looking down at the golden harness, she shrugged slightly. "I suppose I do. Truth be told, I hardly even notice it any more, this beauty has become so ingrained into my daily life. And it's really comfortable." Myst's face filled with pride as she spoke about her creation. The convoluted piping was certainly complicated, but it was incredibly functional, and surprisingly easy to wear. The student, with a little bit of her control slipping away, suddenly realized that she was sitting with two of her teachers and sharing a drink. Her smile wavered slightly and her eyes suddenly began looking everywhere but at the two people she was sharing a table with.
PM
^
Alphonse Cadmar
 Posted: Jun 22 2016, 11:51 PM
is Offline
played by

"It's interesting, I'll give ya that," Alphonse said before taking another sip of his drink. "I prefer to use strength, though. Nothing quite like the feeling of Grimm armor cracking from your bare knuckles." Of course, everyone knew he was incredibly strong and usually fought without a weapon. Very few people had ever seen him actually use his weapon, though it was a work of simplistic beauty. A rocket-powered hammer that could turn into a battleaxe. The perfect weapon to compliment his incredible strength. Anyone who'd been into his office would know it when they see it, as it was mounted on the wall behind his chair.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Helena Alexandria
 Posted: Jun 27 2016, 12:08 AM
played by

Helena didn't do much of a job hiding her opinion of someone, especially a student, carrying their weapon around with them during their daily activities. This opinion was nakedly disapproving. Especially in a bar, of all places, Myst's decision to go about equipped with a veritable armory of combat ready dust struck Helena as off. She wondered what sort of life this girl lived before joining the academy, that her dust rig was such an inseparable facet of her life.
"We each pick our own ways a' doin' things..." Helena half heartedly agreed with Al's pronouncement that the rig was 'interesting', before muffling her words in another sip of beer. A slight smirk spread across her lips at the conclusion of Al's thoughts, if they could be called that, on the choice of weaponry. Being that she was someone infamous for her own physicality, it was hard for Helena to fault her coworker there.
"Like I said, yeah? I prefer just crushin' 'em with somethin' big, ya know?" Which might have explained why she mostly used a club that was prohibitively heavy. Shifting attention back to Myst, Helena gestured with the mouth of her half emptied mug.
"What else can ya use that get up for though? Can't imagine ya need many drinks chilled, ya know? D'ya dry yer hair with it or somethin'?"

This post has been edited by Aegle Vitus: Jun 27 2016, 12:08 AM
PM
^
Alphonse Cadmar
 Posted: Jun 28 2016, 12:31 AM
is Offline
played by

(Slipping this in because I thought it was funny.)

At Helena's comment about drying hair, Alphonse touched his own long, spiky hair with a contemplative look on his face, as if he was wondering at the possibility of needing a new hair drier for his magnificent mane of spiky black hair. It was obvious Helena preferred the wild look, but he enjoyed keeping his hair tamed and soft. Yes, soft, as those spikes were natural. So perhaps a new hair drier was required to replace the aging one that sat in his bathroom at home? Probably not, as it had run faithful for two years so far, and he was sure it had another three in it before it kicked the bucket. He punctuated this thought by taking a long, hearty swig of his booze.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Myst Aurum
 Posted: Jul 10 2016, 09:19 PM
is Offline
Academy Student
played by

Myst's expression became bemused, after all Professor Alexandria wasn't too far off with her comment. As for Professor Cadmar, well Myst understood the joy of crushing things with a blunt instrument, it just wasn't exactly her style."I do have the capability to create more tangible weapons with this, I'm particularly fond of creating staves from earth dust. As for other applications, well I suppose I could dry my hair with this. Combine some fire dust with wind, get myself a hot breeze. But more than that I use it for just various things in life. I can create light breezes, apply force to things from a distance, oh and most importantly," Myst paused, finishing off her drink. She poured the glass backwards, the liquid burning down her throat as she drained the entirety of her cup. She put it down and sighed, then held her hand over it. Water dust flowed from her palm and into the glass, turning into water as it impacted and rapidly filling the glass. She lifted it and gestured towards Professor Alexandria, a smirk on her face and some of the water spilling over her hand, though she didn't seem to notice. "I can do this."

With that she began drinking from the glass now filled with water. She came here regularly, in fact she had known the owner from long before she started drinking and was good friends with him. Any time she went to a new bar she was sure to pay for glasses of water, and she had asked before starting to create her own to drink here. "Of course, I do have to be careful with it. Otherwise I could very well end up blowing holes in buildings. I try not to, and if I end up failing I have the means to compensate for damages, but it...rarely comes to that." Myst decided it was in her best interest not to mention the last time she had come here with her weapon. The bar owner, lucky for her that he was an old friend, said he still had frozen stock from that day, and if one looked closely at the far wall upon entering they could see the bricks there were slightly newer than the rest. This was because Myst, in all her brilliance and grace, had accidentally blown a hole in the wall while attempting to show off.
PM
^
Helena Alexandria
 Posted: Aug 16 2016, 11:59 PM
played by

It was difficult to read precisely what was on Helena's face as Myst spoke, and that was mainly due to the duality of precisely what the golden maned huntress was thinking. For one thing, she was admittedly quite impressed by the apparent versatility of the student's abilities and weapon, while at the same time not wholly impressed by her decision to carry about a dangerous device, capable of inflicting great collateral harm, in her day to day life. Even as a huntress, Helena did not feel compelled to be armed at all times. Admittedly, owing to her especially martial nature, she could easily improvise something if the situation called for it, or simply fall back on good old fashioned punching and biting.

"Yer practiced with that thing, yeah?" The tall 'professor' observed, with care to sound as though she were impassive, and just making an idle observation. She glanced at Al as she spoke, seeking to gauge the more experienced teacher's opinion. It hadn't been so long since she was a student for Helena to have forgotten what it was like, but maybe he knew something about students and their tendencies to take a bit of the school home with them, so to speak.
"Ya rely on it much, for mundane sorta things?" She was growing curious, Helena found. Something about Myst's adherence to a device both weaponized and utilitarian, intrigued her in a way she wasn't wholly capable of identifying.
PM
^
Alphonse Cadmar
 Posted: Aug 19 2016, 12:15 AM
is Offline
played by

"People use Dust in their everyday lives all the time. It's only natural that someone would invent a way to utilize multiple types of Dust for anything on a whim, even if it is considered to be a weapon," Alphonse pointed out when he noticed Helena's look. "I think it's quite ingenious and convenient. Wish I had thought of it when I was in school." Though he said that, Alphonse knew in his heart that he would never trade his hammer for anything. It was the perfect weapon for him, and thus, it was as if a part of his soul.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
Sister Sites
This Will Be The Day - a RWBY roleplay