Clicky

chatbox
a rwby role play

about us
Legends. Stories, scattered through time. Mankind has grown quite fond of recounting the many exploits of heroes and villains, forgetting so easily that we are remnants - byproducts - of a forgotten past.

Join the ranks of Remnant’s prestigious Academies as you fight to protect the Four Kingdoms from the clutches of the evil Creatures of Grimm. Alternatively, you may work towards bringing the world to its knees by fighting against the last sparks of humanity. Red Like Roses is based on the hit web-series RWBY by Monty Oum and Rooster Teeth Productions.

What will happen this year?

updates
feb 16 we are excited to announce the unveiling of the new skin, CASPIAN! :D

Add Reply
New Poll

« Let's Talk About That: Time System », Opinions + Poll

What do you think of a Time System?
In Favor [ 10 ]  [71.43%]
Opposed [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Indifferent [ 4 ]  [28.57%]
Total Votes: 14
Guests cannot vote 
Kenji
 Posted on Apr 4 2016, 01:42 PM
is Offline
Admin
played by

Introduction

Welcome to Let's Talk About That! The purpose of these threads is to give you, the people of Red Like Roses, a voice in various concepts pertaining to the site that the Staff discussed. There are two parts to participating in these threads.: a vote in the general poll, and a post supporting your vote.

While the latter is not a requirement for this LTAT thread, it is encouraged as it will help staff better understand whatever questions or concerns you might have. One should not be afraid of publically voicing their opinion, especially when backlash can and will be dealt with accordingly. We were founded on the concept of respect between the members, and that will always be the most important rule of Red Like Roses.

As always, nothing will be placed in Spoiler Tags in order to keep everything out in the open!

So without further adieu, let's talk about that!

« Let's Talk About That: Time System »

Since my early days with Red Like Roses, I've heard it in passing that some people would enjoy a system to move time forward in-character, as to keep not only all plots - personal, side, or site - moving forward, as well as allow student-level characters to progress through their years at Beacon Academy and become full-fledged Huntsman or Huntresses.

The problem with that was, at least since I joined the Staff Team, that finding the time to jot up an accurate system with the whole team has proved to be difficult due to different schedules. HOWEVER, we think we've got just the thing now!

A system that came up (after a brief discussion with someone not connected to RLR directly) was to break our real life months into pairs. With this, we would experience two months in-game for every month in real life. Basically accelerated real time. But what of threads and all that? Would they follow real-time?

Hell no.

Threads started, unless players dictated otherwise, would take place at any time during the two month period they were started in. For example, January in real life would equate to January/February in-character. A thread started in January can take place at any time during January or February. If the tread lasts beyond that month, it will still be within its time. A January/February thread would remain within that time unles the players stated otherwise. This, of course, does not necessarily have to apply to flasback threads.

So how would we divide the months? Well, here's a simple chart:

Real Time <----> In-Character Time
January <----> January & February
February <----> March & April
March <----> May & June
April <----> July & August
May <----> September & October
June <----> November & December
July <----> January & February
August <----> March & April
September <----> May & June
October <----> July & August
November <----> September & October
December <----> November & December

The above, of course, is not "set in stone". We can easily adjust it based on feedback, but as it sits we would experience two years in-character for every year in real time.

So thoughts? Why or why not?

Ken's Two-Cents: I think a coherent system for passing time can be very beneficial to the many plots within the site. Characters will be able to grow much better as well, IMO, as we would have a system in place allowing them to do so naturally. Time-skipping was an option, however forcing everyone into jotting a summary of life during a time skip seems much more damaging than this system. But that's just my opinion! \owo/

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMWebsite
^
Toggle
 Posted on Apr 4 2016, 01:57 PM
is Offline
played by

Ok, my thoughts are that having a time system is important and a good thing to have as passage of time is crucial to character development also for longer plots to make it seem realistic instead of it seemingly take play in the span of like a week in-character. Don’t really have much else to say since I agree with the system proposed.
PM
^
Ash Trevelyan
 Posted on Apr 6 2016, 04:01 AM
is Offline
Academy Student
played by

right well, another chance to give my opinion? so be it. Umm.... yeah not much really to say, pros would mainly be it would allow for true plot progression, i know of a lore website I like that has the calendar set up for days in the in game world so we could do the same type of thing here, maybe a little box saying you know "IC date Feb" or something. It may have to be stated in longer threads the date of the thread being started so that if they take awhile that it isn't that person A attacked in March and then Person B countered a month later or something. IDK where I'm going with this....

So yeah, that's my opinion.....Enjoy?

This post has been edited by Ash Trevelyan: Apr 7 2016, 11:35 PM

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail
^
Kenji
 Posted on Apr 8 2016, 12:50 AM
is Offline
Admin
played by

Based on recent site activity and number of votes, it is safe to assume this poll is complete. We will keep the floor open for people to vote/voice their opinions.

Final Count
In-Favor: 10
Opposed: 0
Indifferent: 3

Based on the above, a Time System passes. Staff will consider all feedback received and write up a proper explanation of the system and post it following completion.

A big thank you to those that voted, and an even bigger thank you to those that posted.

Be sure to be on the lookout for other LTAT threads!

--------------------
PMWebsite
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
Sister Sites
This Will Be The Day - a RWBY roleplay